Welcome to The Joint - Longmont! As your local chiropractor in Longmont, CO, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Longmont chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Dr. Wendy Shimer
Dr. Wendy Shimer is a graduate from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, IA. Prior to entering Palmer College of Chiropractic, Dr. Shimer received her Bachelors of Science degree in Biology from Marshall University in Huntington, WV in 2000.
Dr. Shimer started working for The Joint in December 2013 at the Longmont location. The Joint is a wellness based practice only, which the main technique used is Diversified. But, Dr. Shimer will also use multiple other techniques to achieve her patient’s and her realistic goals towards a healthier you. She also does extremities which she has learned over the years. Prior to The Joint, Dr. Shimer has had her own practice, worked for other practices as well as worked on PI cases only. Dr. Shimer is continually advancing her education in order to improve her abilities to helping more people. She has done post graduate education at the Pettibon Institute in biomechanics and spinal rehabilitation and the Carrick Institute in neurology and electrical diagnostics.
Dr. Shimer has and will go the extra mile to make sure you receive exceptional chiropractic care. She will put together a personal wellness care program designed to rejuvenate the spine and improve your health. You are a person and not a number. Dr. Shimer is licensed in Colorado and practices here. She also has been licensed in West Virginia, Tennessee, and Georgia. Dr. Shimer is board certified in Chiropractic Care and Physiotherapy through the National Boards of Chiropractic. Unlike most other chiropractic practices, patients are treated as an individual and not a number with a plan that is tailored to them. Dr. Shimer uses light palpation and fennec to adjust her patients. She tries not to muscle through adjustments which can be very painful. Everyone can benefit from a customized wellness treatment plan specific to your needs no matter your age, gender, or weight. Dr. Shimer works on patients that are 7 years old and up.
She is currently involved in a Medicaid pilot study at Swedish Hospital with spinal cord injured patients. The data is strongly suggesting that Chiropractic, Acupuncture and Massage do improve quality of life and should be included in the Medicaid system. We need healthcare that is accessible to all. She is a part of the Joint family because it is one of those places where real health happens and smiles are put back on people’s faces.
The best way to contact us is via phone, then email.
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Longmont chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- May 27, 2016StepyIt may be easier than ever to pop into your doctor’s office to get a prescription medication for any sort of ailment, or you could even head out to your nearest pharmacy to find an assortment of over-the-counter drugs and pills promising to help you. It’s great to have these options available to you, especially ...
- May 19, 2016StepyIf you are a fan of eating fermented foods, such as pickles, kombucha, saeurkraut, etc., you can rest assured knowing that you have an element to your diet that is providing you with a wealth of health benefits and perks. If you don’t already know much about the many health benefits that fermented foods can ...
- May 13, 2016StepyWhether you’re looking to improve one aspect of your health or you’re simply looking to boost the overall quality of your well-being, it’s best to turn to a treatment plan which is known to be holistic in nature. Chiropractic can be extremely helpful and effective at not only treating a particular portion of your health ...
- May 6, 2016StepyWhen you’re pregnant, you’ll more than likely be subjected to all kinds of advice from well-intentioned people when it comes to taking care of you and your baby. Whether you’re early on in the first trimester, or you’re just weeks away from your due date, you can find a lot to benefit from by seeing ...
- April 29, 2016StepyWhen you start your morning off on the right foot, it’s that much easier to get through the rest of the day in a productive manner. Conversely, stumbling through the morning is a great way to ensure a clumsier and less focused rest of the day. The routine you set up for yourself in the ...
- April 22, 2016StepyStress affects all of us. Whether you have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder or you just feel the impact a long day at work can have on your body and mind, you know that stress can really take its toll on you over time. Anxiety can be brought on by many different triggers depending ...
- April 15, 2016StepyIf you have memories of being told to sit up straight by your caregivers growing up, you’re not the only one who does. As it turns out, good posture is about more than just having good manners. If your posture is poor, it could be doing much more damage to your overall health than you ...
- April 8, 2016StepyHearing that scientists are now saying a bad habit such as fidgeting may be good for health certainly makes a person pay attention. As can be expected, there’s a little bit more to this claim than what can be gleaned from the surface. The study, which was published in the American Journal of Preventative Medicine, ...
- March 25, 2016StepyIf you think having a minor ache or pain in your back is bad, imagine what it would be like to experience that same pain every day for an indefinite amount of time. Sadly, this is a reality all too many people face. Chronic back pain affects millions of Americans each year, and the reasons ...