Welcome to The Joint - Longmont! As your local chiropractor in Longmont, CO, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Longmont chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Dr. Wendy Shimer
Dr. Wendy Shimer is a graduate from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, IA. Prior to entering Palmer College of Chiropractic, Dr. Shimer received her Bachelors of Science degree in Biology from Marshall University in Huntington, WV in 2000.
Dr. Shimer started working for The Joint in December 2013 at the Longmont location. The Joint is a wellness based practice only, which the main technique used is Diversified. But, Dr. Shimer will also use multiple other techniques to achieve her patient’s and her realistic goals towards a healthier you. She also does extremities which she has learned over the years. Prior to The Joint, Dr. Shimer has had her own practice, worked for other practices as well as worked on PI cases only. Dr. Shimer is continually advancing her education in order to improve her abilities to helping more people. She has done post graduate education at the Pettibon Institute in biomechanics and spinal rehabilitation and the Carrick Institute in neurology and electrical diagnostics.
Dr. Shimer has and will go the extra mile to make sure you receive exceptional chiropractic care. She will put together a personal wellness care program designed to rejuvenate the spine and improve your health. You are a person and not a number. Dr. Shimer is licensed in Colorado and practices here. She also has been licensed in West Virginia, Tennessee, and Georgia. Dr. Shimer is board certified in Chiropractic Care and Physiotherapy through the National Boards of Chiropractic. Unlike most other chiropractic practices, patients are treated as an individual and not a number with a plan that is tailored to them. Dr. Shimer uses light palpation and fennec to adjust her patients. She tries not to muscle through adjustments which can be very painful. Everyone can benefit from a customized wellness treatment plan specific to your needs no matter your age, gender, or weight. Dr. Shimer works on patients that are 7 years old and up.
She is currently involved in a Medicaid pilot study at Swedish Hospital with spinal cord injured patients. The data is strongly suggesting that Chiropractic, Acupuncture and Massage do improve quality of life and should be included in the Medicaid system. We need healthcare that is accessible to all. She is a part of the Joint family because it is one of those places where real health happens and smiles are put back on people’s faces.
The best way to contact us is via phone. Alternatively, you could email us using the form below or we always welcome you to stop by the clinic for answers to your questions. Note that all fields are required...
Contact Us By Email
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Melbourne chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- August 28, 2014If you pass by a baby clothing store and you get excited at the thought of having a little one around, you are not alone. It can be difficult for some women to become pregnant however, but there are still some simple tactics you can use to boost your chances of conceiving. Check out these ...
- August 20, 2014I have often heard that we are the only people in charge of our lives; that we can’t blame other people for the way it’s going or for the way we think and feel. I find this mentality to be incredibly freeing and I believe it to be true. For those of us who have ...
- August 13, 2014There are a few promises that us women should make to ourselves throughout our lives. In order to be healthy, maintain good relationships and be confident, we need to take care of ourselves and those we love. Check out the following kind promises you need to make to yourself today. 1. “I’ll Be Alone Without Feeling ...
- August 7, 2014How do you think a relationship best thrives? I used to think that the whole point of being in a relationship was to find someone who “completes you.” I have since learned that this is an unhealthy and untrue mentality; we are all whole just as we are and the real point of being in ...
- August 1, 2014If you have trouble getting up for work in the morning, then you know the struggle. Who wants to be woken up early to do something they have to do? Many of us like our jobs, but the fact that we have to go to them daily, may make us feel constricted at times. So ...
- July 23, 2014Are you leading a healthy life? While some of that may depend on our environment and genetics, other parts greatly depend on our habits. Check out the following list to help decipher whether or not you’re on the right track to living a healthy life. 1. You Have A Sister Did you know that having a sister ...
- July 17, 2014Are you a humble person? Many people think modest individuals have low self-esteem, but this is typically not the case. People who are humble simply choose to focus their energy on others and are often more courageous and happy because of it. Check out the following traits of humble people and consider taking some of ...
- July 7, 2014If you frequently have days where you just can’t focus on work, you’re not alone. Luckily there are natural remedies for this problem that you can easily start doing today. Check these out: 1. Listen To Classical Music Listen to a great song by Mozart and notice how your brain is able to focus more readily on ...
- June 23, 2014There are a total of 26 bones in your foot and hundreds of muscles. So it’s safe to say that your feet play a huge role in your everyday health, as well as your workout. So it’s important to take care of them. Check out the following ways you may be missing the mark when it comes to taking ...