Welcome to The Joint - Longmont! As your local chiropractor in Longmont, CO, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Longmont chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Dr. Wendy Shimer
Dr. Wendy Shimer is a graduate from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, IA. Prior to entering Palmer College of Chiropractic, Dr. Shimer received her Bachelors of Science degree in Biology from Marshall University in Huntington, WV in 2000.
Dr. Shimer started working for The Joint in December 2013 at the Longmont location. The Joint is a wellness based practice only, which the main technique used is Diversified. But, Dr. Shimer will also use multiple other techniques to achieve her patient’s and her realistic goals towards a healthier you. She also does extremities which she has learned over the years. Prior to The Joint, Dr. Shimer has had her own practice, worked for other practices as well as worked on PI cases only. Dr. Shimer is continually advancing her education in order to improve her abilities to helping more people. She has done post graduate education at the Pettibon Institute in biomechanics and spinal rehabilitation and the Carrick Institute in neurology and electrical diagnostics.
Dr. Shimer has and will go the extra mile to make sure you receive exceptional chiropractic care. She will put together a personal wellness care program designed to rejuvenate the spine and improve your health. You are a person and not a number. Dr. Shimer is licensed in Colorado and practices here. She also has been licensed in West Virginia, Tennessee, and Georgia. Dr. Shimer is board certified in Chiropractic Care and Physiotherapy through the National Boards of Chiropractic. Unlike most other chiropractic practices, patients are treated as an individual and not a number with a plan that is tailored to them. Dr. Shimer uses light palpation and fennec to adjust her patients. She tries not to muscle through adjustments which can be very painful. Everyone can benefit from a customized wellness treatment plan specific to your needs no matter your age, gender, or weight. Dr. Shimer works on patients that are 7 years old and up.
She is currently involved in a Medicaid pilot study at Swedish Hospital with spinal cord injured patients. The data is strongly suggesting that Chiropractic, Acupuncture and Massage do improve quality of life and should be included in the Medicaid system. We need healthcare that is accessible to all. She is a part of the Joint family because it is one of those places where real health happens and smiles are put back on people’s faces.
The best way to contact us is via phone, then email.
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Longmont chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- February 20, 2015If you suffer from migraines, you know that your body is overly sensitive, and may respond to certain stimuli in a negative way. Different people have different migraine triggers though, so it’s important for you to figure out what exactly sets you off, so you can know how to avoid them. Here are four of ...
- February 13, 2015Back pain is one of the most common forms of injuries people face. In fact, back pain sends more patients to see their doctors than any other condition except for the common cold. Back pain left untreated can be serious enough to need surgery, and it can often make such simple tasks as walking, standing ...
- February 10, 2015That question comes up a lot as new caffeinated products surge onto the market. I am the last person in the world to say no to coffee or caffeinated tea, but when caffeinated newcomers like Cracker Jack’d Power Bites and Alert Energy Wrigley gum show up, I have to wonder, who is the targeted customer? Caffeine’s ...
- February 5, 2015There are times when you notice the number on the scale has become a little larger, and it’s easy to pinpoint why. Maybe you’re carrying a little holiday weight, or maybe you’ve been a bit stressed lately. However, there are some reasons you may be gaining weight that are a little harder to identify right off ...
- February 4, 2015Iron is a crucially important mineral your body needs to function at its best. This mineral serves to carry oxygen throughout your body as one of the building blocks of hemoglobin. Unfortunately, iron deficiencies are startlingly common, and come with alarming side effects and symptoms. If you aren’t getting enough iron in your diet, you may ...
- January 27, 2015We all have fond childhood memories of slathering our Sunday morning pancakes with gobs of maple syrup. Maybe this is still something you do occasionally. Recently, the nutritious value of maple syrup has been called into question. Is it healthy for you at all? What are the differences between the different types of maple syrup? ...
- January 19, 2015The month of January sees an influx of gym memberships, diets, and, of course, detoxes. What is a detox, you may ask? Generally speaking, a detox consists of abstaining from “toxic” substances in order to promote healing and cleansing. Proponents of detoxification believe that it can help to eliminate health problems such as fatigue, skin ...
- January 17, 2015These days, with our 40 to 50 hour work weeks, the kids’ endless extra-curricular activities, finding time to squeeze in workouts and trying to maintain some semblance of a social life, it’s not surprising that the internet is full of advice on how to de-stress and relax. We know that stress is bad for us, ...
- January 16, 2015Staying healthy, as we all know, is an important goal to focus on and work towards. Our health is important, and taking advice like “eat right” and “exercise regularly” is vital to helping us in our healthy living journey. Sometimes, however, getting and staying healthy is even easier than that. There are a lot of ...