Welcome to The Joint - Longmont! As your local chiropractor in Longmont, CO, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Longmont chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Dr. Wendy Shimer
Dr. Wendy Shimer is a graduate from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, IA. Prior to entering Palmer College of Chiropractic, Dr. Shimer received her Bachelors of Science degree in Biology from Marshall University in Huntington, WV in 2000.
Dr. Shimer started working for The Joint in December 2013 at the Longmont location. The Joint is a wellness based practice only, which the main technique used is Diversified. But, Dr. Shimer will also use multiple other techniques to achieve her patient’s and her realistic goals towards a healthier you. She also does extremities which she has learned over the years. Prior to The Joint, Dr. Shimer has had her own practice, worked for other practices as well as worked on PI cases only. Dr. Shimer is continually advancing her education in order to improve her abilities to helping more people. She has done post graduate education at the Pettibon Institute in biomechanics and spinal rehabilitation and the Carrick Institute in neurology and electrical diagnostics.
Dr. Shimer has and will go the extra mile to make sure you receive exceptional chiropractic care. She will put together a personal wellness care program designed to rejuvenate the spine and improve your health. You are a person and not a number. Dr. Shimer is licensed in Colorado and practices here. She also has been licensed in West Virginia, Tennessee, and Georgia. Dr. Shimer is board certified in Chiropractic Care and Physiotherapy through the National Boards of Chiropractic. Unlike most other chiropractic practices, patients are treated as an individual and not a number with a plan that is tailored to them. Dr. Shimer uses light palpation and fennec to adjust her patients. She tries not to muscle through adjustments which can be very painful. Everyone can benefit from a customized wellness treatment plan specific to your needs no matter your age, gender, or weight. Dr. Shimer works on patients that are 7 years old and up.
She is currently involved in a Medicaid pilot study at Swedish Hospital with spinal cord injured patients. The data is strongly suggesting that Chiropractic, Acupuncture and Massage do improve quality of life and should be included in the Medicaid system. We need healthcare that is accessible to all. She is a part of the Joint family because it is one of those places where real health happens and smiles are put back on people’s faces.
The best way to contact us is via phone, then email.
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Longmont chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- June 26, 2015StepyWhen I really start to think about it, I honestly can’t come up with too many people I know who don’t like ice cream in some form or another, at least occasionally. Even my friends and family members who are lactose intolerant or otherwise sensitive to dairy, still like to eat other forms of ice ...
- June 18, 2015StepyWe all know that feeling of utter frustration that accompanies us when we find ourselves wide awake at three in the morning, staring up at the ceiling and wondering why we can’t fall back asleep. Everyone has experienced trouble sleeping at some point or another, but for those people who deal with insomnia on a ...
- June 12, 2015StepyIf you’ve decided to go on a diet in order to lose weight or improve your overall health, there are certain rules you’ll have to create for yourself when it comes to your future eating habits. While it’s important to focus on what you shouldn’t be eating, it’s arguably equally as important to pay close attention ...
- June 3, 2015StepyChiropractic care is commonly thought of as an unconventional medical discipline. Despite the fact that the knowledge base is increasing consistently, there are still reservations had by many members of the population regarding chiropractic care. With respect to the nature of the discipline, it is often confusing to some when they learn that there is ...
- June 1, 2015StepyAs I have become more involved in the world of healthy living, I like to think that I have picked up on some important and very useful information about improving my overall physical and mental health and well being, especially when it comes to my diet. After all, we all know that there are some ...
- May 22, 2015StepyRecently, I made plans to visit an old friend, when I came by her house and she opened the door, I was surprised to see that she was now wearing glasses – and glasses with very thick lenses, at that. I think the look of surprise on my face must have been very obvious, because ...
- May 15, 2015StepyNo one is immune to the occasional aches and pains that come with the general wear and tear of living. Maybe you slept wrong, or maybe you pushed yourself a little too far during your last workout, and now your muscles are silently punishing you for it. I have to say though, out of all of ...
- May 8, 2015StepyWhen you think about break ups, I’m sure the end of a romantic relationship is the first thing that pops into your mind. Painful as these can be, friendship break ups can happen to, and even though they feel terrible, there are times where they may truly be warranted. Ending a friendship, especially one that ...
- April 30, 2015StepyYes, we all know by now that getting enough exercise is crucial to staying healthy and improving our physical and mental well being. But most of us are also very familiar with the struggle that comes with trying to get out of bed in the morning, especially when it’s so cold outside and so warm and ...