Welcome to The Joint - Longmont! As your local chiropractor in Longmont, CO, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Longmont chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Dr. Wendy Shimer
Dr. Wendy Shimer is a graduate from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, IA. Prior to entering Palmer College of Chiropractic, Dr. Shimer received her Bachelors of Science degree in Biology from Marshall University in Huntington, WV in 2000.
Dr. Shimer started working for The Joint in December 2013 at the Longmont location. The Joint is a wellness based practice only, which the main technique used is Diversified. But, Dr. Shimer will also use multiple other techniques to achieve her patient’s and her realistic goals towards a healthier you. She also does extremities which she has learned over the years. Prior to The Joint, Dr. Shimer has had her own practice, worked for other practices as well as worked on PI cases only. Dr. Shimer is continually advancing her education in order to improve her abilities to helping more people. She has done post graduate education at the Pettibon Institute in biomechanics and spinal rehabilitation and the Carrick Institute in neurology and electrical diagnostics.
Dr. Shimer has and will go the extra mile to make sure you receive exceptional chiropractic care. She will put together a personal wellness care program designed to rejuvenate the spine and improve your health. You are a person and not a number. Dr. Shimer is licensed in Colorado and practices here. She also has been licensed in West Virginia, Tennessee, and Georgia. Dr. Shimer is board certified in Chiropractic Care and Physiotherapy through the National Boards of Chiropractic. Unlike most other chiropractic practices, patients are treated as an individual and not a number with a plan that is tailored to them. Dr. Shimer uses light palpation and fennec to adjust her patients. She tries not to muscle through adjustments which can be very painful. Everyone can benefit from a customized wellness treatment plan specific to your needs no matter your age, gender, or weight. Dr. Shimer works on patients that are 7 years old and up.
She is currently involved in a Medicaid pilot study at Swedish Hospital with spinal cord injured patients. The data is strongly suggesting that Chiropractic, Acupuncture and Massage do improve quality of life and should be included in the Medicaid system. We need healthcare that is accessible to all. She is a part of the Joint family because it is one of those places where real health happens and smiles are put back on people’s faces.
The best way to contact us is via phone, then email.
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Longmont chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- August 27, 2015StepyIf there is one thing we can all agree on when it comes to health issues in modern times, it is the fact that obesity and weight gain is quickly becoming a significant problem for many people. As our society has become more reliant on junk food, fast food, and processed food, while also exercising ...
- August 20, 2015StepyYou have probably heard of the term “Glycemic Index” before, but do you really understand what it means? It’s definitely not a phrase that you can simply break down into simpler terms in order to derive any sort of meaning, so don’t feel bad if you have trouble understanding exactly what the Glycemic Index is, let alone ...
- August 14, 2015StepyI’m sure the title of this post is a bit confusing for many of you. To be honest, when I came across an article by Women’s Health Magazine that cautioned about the supposedly “wrong” ways to get enough fluids each day, I was a bit confused and definitely skeptical as well. However, as I read through ...
- August 5, 2015StepyWhether you are getting your child ready to go back to school or to head out for a fun vacation, the worry that they will pick up a cough or a cold is always in the back of every parent’s mind. While you are hopefully teaching your child or children to wash their hands after ...
- July 29, 2015StepyIn today’s society, we are overwhelmed with the reminder that obesity is rapidly on the rise, and that we all need to collectively watch our weight, eat healthier, and exercise more. Another thing that we are all often told we can benefit from? Losing weight. It seems that the desire to lose weight is quickly becoming ...
- July 22, 2015StepyIf you are trying to create a healthier dietary plan for yourself, there are a few facts relating to nutrition and the nutritional value of food that you should really know about. Whether your goal is to lose weight, improve your mood and energy levels, or to just start living a healthier life in general, ...
- July 16, 2015StepyWhen I was about eight or nine years old, I came to school one day itching my ear. The itching got persistent, so my teacher decided to interrupt class and see what all the fuss was about. That’s when she told me quite bluntly that there was a bug on my ear, and that it ...
- July 10, 2015StepyFor all of our best intentions when it comes to taking care of our health, sometimes certain circumstances in life come up that make sticking to a stable fitness routine a bit of a challenge. Maybe your favorite gym is closed for remodeling, and the nearest one is an extra five miles out of your way. ...
- June 26, 2015StepyWhen I really start to think about it, I honestly can’t come up with too many people I know who don’t like ice cream in some form or another, at least occasionally. Even my friends and family members who are lactose intolerant or otherwise sensitive to dairy, still like to eat other forms of ice ...