Welcome to The Joint - Longmont! As your local chiropractor in Longmont, CO, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Longmont chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Dr. Wendy Shimer
Dr. Wendy Shimer is a graduate from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, IA. Prior to entering Palmer College of Chiropractic, Dr. Shimer received her Bachelors of Science degree in Biology from Marshall University in Huntington, WV in 2000.
Dr. Shimer started working for The Joint in December 2013 at the Longmont location. The Joint is a wellness based practice only, which the main technique used is Diversified. But, Dr. Shimer will also use multiple other techniques to achieve her patient’s and her realistic goals towards a healthier you. She also does extremities which she has learned over the years. Prior to The Joint, Dr. Shimer has had her own practice, worked for other practices as well as worked on PI cases only. Dr. Shimer is continually advancing her education in order to improve her abilities to helping more people. She has done post graduate education at the Pettibon Institute in biomechanics and spinal rehabilitation and the Carrick Institute in neurology and electrical diagnostics.
Dr. Shimer has and will go the extra mile to make sure you receive exceptional chiropractic care. She will put together a personal wellness care program designed to rejuvenate the spine and improve your health. You are a person and not a number. Dr. Shimer is licensed in Colorado and practices here. She also has been licensed in West Virginia, Tennessee, and Georgia. Dr. Shimer is board certified in Chiropractic Care and Physiotherapy through the National Boards of Chiropractic. Unlike most other chiropractic practices, patients are treated as an individual and not a number with a plan that is tailored to them. Dr. Shimer uses light palpation and fennec to adjust her patients. She tries not to muscle through adjustments which can be very painful. Everyone can benefit from a customized wellness treatment plan specific to your needs no matter your age, gender, or weight. Dr. Shimer works on patients that are 7 years old and up.
She is currently involved in a Medicaid pilot study at Swedish Hospital with spinal cord injured patients. The data is strongly suggesting that Chiropractic, Acupuncture and Massage do improve quality of life and should be included in the Medicaid system. We need healthcare that is accessible to all. She is a part of the Joint family because it is one of those places where real health happens and smiles are put back on people’s faces.
The best way to contact us is via phone, then email.
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Longmont chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- February 11, 2016StepyNo one will deny the fact that trying to live a healthy lifestyle can be overwhelming and even discouraging at times. It seems like there are so many important facts to keep in mind as you go about your day when it comes to simply maintaining good health, let alone improving it. Between the commitments ...
- February 5, 2016StepyIt seems there’s a life hack for everything these days, isn’t there? Tips advising us on how to better clean our houses or get along with our partners abound on self-help forums everywhere. Food hacks always intrigue me personally, because I love learning about new ways to mix up my eating habits. Until recently, I always ...
- January 29, 2016StepyIf you’re a self-proclaimed early bird who has no problem falling asleep and waking up as the sun begins to rise, you probably have learned how to push through any drowsiness you may feel when you first wake up, or maybe you just got acclimated to those early hours for whatever reason. For the rest ...
- January 22, 2016StepySnacking is probably one of the most common habits contributing to weight gain in today’s day and age. If a survey were to be conducted of people who eat mindlessly, 9 out of 10 would admit they do this on at least an occasional basis, and the tenth person would more than likely be lying. Many ...
- January 14, 2016StepyOne of the most common health goals out there is losing weight. Unfortunately, for all the information and methods available for shedding the flab, there are also plenty of myths and misconceptions floating around. Some general tips for losing weight generally make sense and tend to be supported by nutritionists and healthcare experts, such as exercising on ...
- January 6, 2016StepyMaking resolutions isn’t so difficult, is it? The real trouble comes into play once you actually try to get started achieving them. The problem usually lies in the kinds of goals we set up forourselves. Many times, our promises to ourselves at the beginning of each year are quickly found to be too difficult to ...
- December 27, 2015kyiaraDepression is diagnosed by professionals who reference a book known as The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). This book is considered the bible of the mental health field; determining if a person suffers from depression is usually done by looking at a simple checklist of symptoms from its pages. However, new research ...
- December 17, 2015StepyMaking the decision to start up a fitness routine is one of the best things you can make in terms of your health and well-being. Unfortunately, we all know how difficult it can be to maintain this health goal, especially in the first few weeks. The reasons for this cut a wide range, from struggling to ...
- December 10, 2015StepyI was lucky enough to grow up in a household where all types of tea were found in abundance and served often, pretty much on a daily basis. Green tea was the most popular choice within my family, probably because we’re Japanese, but black tea, herbal tea, and white teas all had designated shelf space ...