Welcome to The Joint - Longmont! As your local chiropractor in Longmont, CO, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Longmont chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Dr. Wendy Shimer
Dr. Wendy Shimer is a graduate from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, IA. Prior to entering Palmer College of Chiropractic, Dr. Shimer received her Bachelors of Science degree in Biology from Marshall University in Huntington, WV in 2000.
Dr. Shimer started working for The Joint in December 2013 at the Longmont location. The Joint is a wellness based practice only, which the main technique used is Diversified. But, Dr. Shimer will also use multiple other techniques to achieve her patient’s and her realistic goals towards a healthier you. She also does extremities which she has learned over the years. Prior to The Joint, Dr. Shimer has had her own practice, worked for other practices as well as worked on PI cases only. Dr. Shimer is continually advancing her education in order to improve her abilities to helping more people. She has done post graduate education at the Pettibon Institute in biomechanics and spinal rehabilitation and the Carrick Institute in neurology and electrical diagnostics.
Dr. Shimer has and will go the extra mile to make sure you receive exceptional chiropractic care. She will put together a personal wellness care program designed to rejuvenate the spine and improve your health. You are a person and not a number. Dr. Shimer is licensed in Colorado and practices here. She also has been licensed in West Virginia, Tennessee, and Georgia. Dr. Shimer is board certified in Chiropractic Care and Physiotherapy through the National Boards of Chiropractic. Unlike most other chiropractic practices, patients are treated as an individual and not a number with a plan that is tailored to them. Dr. Shimer uses light palpation and fennec to adjust her patients. She tries not to muscle through adjustments which can be very painful. Everyone can benefit from a customized wellness treatment plan specific to your needs no matter your age, gender, or weight. Dr. Shimer works on patients that are 7 years old and up.
She is currently involved in a Medicaid pilot study at Swedish Hospital with spinal cord injured patients. The data is strongly suggesting that Chiropractic, Acupuncture and Massage do improve quality of life and should be included in the Medicaid system. We need healthcare that is accessible to all. She is a part of the Joint family because it is one of those places where real health happens and smiles are put back on people’s faces.
The best way to contact us is via phone, then email.
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Longmont chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- December 12, 2014As much as the holiday season is centered around joy, laughter, happiness, family and food, all of these things being thrown into the mix at one time, usually with a large amount of people in a not-so-large space, can lead to stress, both mental and physical. That three month run from November to January, is actually ...
- December 5, 2014With Thanksgiving just behind us, the holidays are officially here– which means your expanding waistline might be revving up for another few months of jolly folly and tasty mistakes. But when it comes to the premier months for weight gain, it’s not just our calorie calculations that are as misguided as they are super-sized: according ...
- November 21, 2014When you head out for your long anticipated summer vacation, working out might not be on the top of your itinerary. But maintaining your wellness plan even while on vacation can be a real difference maker, and can keep you from living in extremes (i.e. gorging yourself on vacation only to resume a fad diet ...
- November 13, 2014“Cholesterol” is a word we use every day in describing food items, doctors’ visits, cooking, health and more. While cholesterol is a popular topic, many people still don’t know the science behind the test or how our bodies respond to the dietary type. Below, there are answers to several questions about cholesterol and what you ...
- November 5, 2014It’s not normally a good idea to reach for snacks when you’re feeling stressed, tired, or emotional, but here are some reasons why you might want to consider snacking to be a good thing every now and then—as long as you’re eating the right foods. Low Energy. If you’re running out of steam on a particularly ...
- October 24, 2014Keeping yourself healthy is important for a quality life. The advice is abundant: keep your heart healthy, keep your lungs healthy, keep your bones healthy. But what about the part of you that really does the driving in your life? You know…your brain. Keeping your brain healthy is important to your general well-being. Plus, it ...
- October 17, 2014Lower back pain is the number one job-related disability in the United States. It is not an exaggeration to say that back pain is causing a lot of people grief and money. While lower back pain is a common problem across the country, it comes with simple solutions. Remember This Mantra to Be Pain-Free Tadhg O’Gara, M.D., ...
- October 3, 2014Mothers have a special role in their daughter’s lives and it’s up to mothers to teach their daughters some important life lessons. As the same sex parent, mothers have the fantastic ability to share wisdom with their daughters, having been in their shoes. Check out the following life lessons that are best taught by mothers. 1. ...
- September 26, 2014Now that Fall is upon us, you may think it’s smart to do away with all of your summer clothes, but this would be a big mistake. Turns out, you can mix your cute summer wear with some chunky sweaters and stylish cardigans or layer your tank tops for a beautiful look. The best part? ...